Company: Parkland Pipeline Contractors, a Division of Tetra Tech Canada Inc.
Position Title: Project Engineer
Reports To: Project Manager and Superintendent
Parkland Pipeline Contractors is an oilfield construction and service provider, dedicated to providing quality construction and technical service. It is dedicated to delivering cost effective, high quality, environmentally friendly, safe and timely service to its clients while anticipating and maintaining an understanding of the needs of our employees.
Parkland Pipeline Contractors is a pipeline construction contractor that constructs projects ranging between NPS 3 and NPS 30 pipelines throughout Western Canada. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Project Engineer to join our team based out of our main office in Olds, Alberta. The Project Engineer will support the Project Manager and Superintendent by facilitating the construction phase of key projects by providing technical support for construction, including participation in planning, execution, quality control, and completion of the work. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a tremendous amount of growth potential. The position will be field based, dependent on project location. Applicants with significant time in the field or experience working in remote camp locations are preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Gather field data related to production activities, create customer cost and productivity reports and other customer deliverables, and provide feedback to Project Managers with any field issues.
- Provide oversight and project support for production, safety, quality and project management standards
- Responsible for pre-bid site surveys, contract execution/project start-up, and closeout
- Work with field crews and subcontractors to manage project costs and meet expected production rates and gross profit margins
- This position requires a strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Attend pre-bid, pre-construction and project status meetings with our customers
- Directly supervise subcontractors and vendors on the project site
- Directly produce and manage the project schedules
- Provide detailed cost and schedule accuracy in daily, weekly and bi-weekly reporting
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Engineering, Construction Management or other related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and scheduling software (MS Project or Primavera P6).
Travel will be required, work shifts through winter months may be 6 and 1 or 24 and 4.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the job title in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Parkland Pipeline.