Company: Parkland Pipeline Contractors, a Division of Tetra Tech Canada Inc.
Position Title: Pipefitter Supervisor
Reports To: Construction Superintendent
Parkland Pipeline Contractors is an oilfield construction and service provider, dedicated to providing quality construction and technical service. It is dedicated to delivering cost effective, high quality, environmentally friendly, safe and timely service to its clients while anticipating and maintaining an understanding of the needs of our employees.
As a pipefitter supervisor, you must possess mentorship and leadership abilities. Knowledge in the Oil and Gas industry as well as experience in a supervisor role will allow you to provide valuable and reliable insights to project priorities. You will be ensuring all procedures are in compliance with applicable codes and standards and Customer specifications, policy’s and expectations. Effective communication with the Construction Superintendent will be constant and imperative. Managing employees, delegating task, assessing health and safety practices and conflict management will also be essential responsibilities in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Field fit, fabricate and installation of pipping, valves, and structural components to meet the requirements of the job.
- Assist in QC related tasks to ensure all expectations are being met.
- Inspects and maintains the worksite consciences of health and safety requirements.
- Recognize, diagnose and communicate any problems, questions or concerns as they arise.
- Receive instructions, blueprints and work orders from project manager to develop working procedures for the job.
- Inspect piping systems to ensure safety and effectiveness of installations.
- Consistently communicate with Construction Superintendent.
- Effectively delegate tasks.
- Consistently provide support to management with planning, risk management, costing and procurement.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a Pipefitter Supervisor role.
- Strong leadership in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Requires high degree of precision and control.
- Management skills.
- Communication skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Journeyman Pipefitting Ticket
Licenses, Certifications & Other Skills
- Completion of formal apprenticeship program
- Red Seal Pipefitter
- Ground Disturbance Level II for Supervisors
- First Aid
- H2S Alive
Job Location: Willing to Travel within Alberta
Hours/Shift: Job Specific
|Administratively Report||Functionally Supervise|
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the job title in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Parkland Pipeline.