Parkland Pipeline Contractors is currently looking for a (Human Resources) HR Generalist to join our team and implement various human resources programs.
Parkland Pipeline Contractors is an oilfield construction and service provider, dedicated to providing quality construction and technical service. It is dedicated to delivering cost effective, high quality, environmentally friendly, safe and timely service to its clients while anticipating and maintaining an understanding of the needs of our employees.
Reporting to the Controller, the Human Resources Generalist will help to build the capability and success of the organization by providing guidance on recruitment, on-boarding, employee relations, performance management, terminations, HR programs and best practices, while developing and maintaining positive working relationships with all employees. This position is based at our head office in Olds Alberta.
You will have the opportunity to make a real impact in the organization partnering directly with the leadership team, enriching the employee experience and developing/rolling out HR programs and initiatives. The ideal candidate has a passion for employee relations, strong communication skills, and high-level of accountability.
The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary point of HR contact to all managers and employees providing advice on various human resources matters including employment related issues, performance management, policy and procedure interpretation and relevant employment legislation;
- Oversees all aspects of full-cycle recruitment, including job postings, sourcing recruitment methods, interviewing candidates, reference checks, partnering with employment agencies as required and drafting employment documentation;
- Manages workplace issues and conflicts, including accommodations, reorganizations, absenteeism and terminations;
- Work with the leadership team to develop employee engagement and retention strategies;
- Maintenance of personnel files;
- Identifies legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensures policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Administer compensation and benefit plans
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies
- Undertake tasks around performance management
- Organize annual employee performance reviews
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
Education & Experience
- 2-5 years of progressive human resources experience
- Post-Secondary schooling in Human Resources Management is considered an asset
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementation skills
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand company objectives in order to effectively meet HR priorities;
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, collaboration and communications skills
- Proven ability to provide HR value add with strong technical knowledge
- Able to positively influence, partner and coach managers and employees
- Ability to thrive under pressure dealing with multiple overlapping projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Construction industry knowledge is required
Licenses, Certifications & Other Skills
- CHRP designation is considered an asset;
- Microsoft Office Suite knowledge required
- Familiarity with Oracle Enterprise or similar accounting systems is an asset
- Telephone Skills
- Excellent communication and people skills
Project site visits to set up onboarding process and templates
We are looking for a candidate within travel distance to and from Olds, AB.
*Please submit a resume to INFO@parklandpipeline.com with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in employment with Parkland Pipeline Contractors!