Company: Parkland Pipeline Contractors, a Division of Tetra Tech Canada Inc.
Position Title: Environmental Lead
Reports To: Project Manager and Project Superintendent
Parkland Pipeline Contractors is an oilfield construction and service provider, dedicated to providing quality construction and technical service. It is dedicated to delivering cost effective, high quality, environmentally friendly, safe and timely service to its clients while anticipating and maintaining an understanding of the needs of our employees.
As the Environmental Lead for Parkland Pipeline Contractors, you will report to the Project Superintendent as well as the Project Manager from the field. You will act as the environmental advisor for various construction phases to ensure compliance of the company, the client and legislative regulations. You will be responsible for monitoring, analyzing and reporting field activities to ensure compliance with Environmental Standards. The Environmental Lead will provide technical support and guidance to support operations and requirements from the client.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct field environmental evaluations.
- Create job specific environmental plans; EPP, crossing plans, mud disposal, SSEP, etc.
- Create incident reports for any environmentally related events (spills, non-conformance, etc.)
- Manage the environmental portfolio during the course of the project.
- Create and deliver environmental regulatory training materials.
- Data entry and documentation.
- Meet all legislative requirements in the jurisdictions of operations.
- Mitigate actual and potential hazards.
- Analyze data and trends regarding performance in order to identify opportunities for improvements and properly report to management.
- Assist in project-related incident response investigation processes.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
- Technical diploma or Applied Degree/Bachelor of Science, Environmental Science.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the Oil and Gas Industry as an Environmental Lead or Representative
- Excellent knowledge of industry regulations and standards and practices related to Provincial regulations.
- H2S Alive.
Licenses, Certifications & Other Skills
- High level of organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Professional team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer software skills (example; MS Excel, Word, and Outlook etc.)
- High regard for safety protocols and practices.
- Ground Disturbance (Preferred).
Dependent on Job Location: Must be willing to travel within Alberta.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with reference to the job title in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Parkland Pipeline.