Company: Parkland Pipeline Contractors, a Division of Tetra Tech Canada Inc.
Position Title: Contract Heavy Duty Mechanic
Reports To: Equipment / Shop Manager
Parkland Pipeline Contractors is an oilfield construction and service provider, dedicated to providing quality construction and technical service. It is dedicated to delivering cost effective, high quality, environmentally friendly, safe and timely service to its clients while anticipating and maintaining an understanding of the needs of our employees.
Parkland Pipeline is looking to hire a Heavy Duty Mechanic with their own truck and tools. A diagnostic computer would be an asset. The candidate must be willing to travel and work away from home. Experience in the oil and gas industry working with pipeline equipment is essential. Welding capabilities would also be an asset.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Service, inspect, diagnose disassemble and assemble equipment and vehicles to perform routine maintenance work and repairs as requested following company and procedures.
- Investigate and research cause and analysis on equipment and provide recommended solutions to Shop and Equipment Manager.
- Respond to field mechanical emergency’s, when required.
- Work away from Olds, as required.
- Operate a hoist and lift devices to position equipment safely.
- Prepare work orders
- Complete required paperwork in a timely and effective manner.
- Perform checks to ensure that the equipment is suitable for field work or travel.
- Prioritizes tasks, track and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for all units and ensure that they are 100% functional when dispatched to the field.
- Comply with Company Health & Safety Program, Occupational Health & Safety Legislation and any other municipal, provincial or federal legislation as it applies.
Education, Experience and Required Skills
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a heavy duty mechanic
- Certificate/Diploma in Heavy Duty Mechanics
Licenses, Certifications & Other Skills
- H2S Alive
- First Aid
- CSTS or PSTS
Job Location: Job Specific
Must be willing to travel within Alberta and work away from home
TBD: Job Specific
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the job title in the subject line.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Parkland Pipeline.